verse

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Farewell to Summer

Fun Times!
Nothing says summer like the beach. Oh how I miss the salty air, ocean breeze, and breathtaking sunsets.
Ice cream is a summer must!
Passing on the love of the pool to my boys.
More time with Dad!

On this final weekend of the summer I have thought about all the great times and memories of the past few months. Summer has always been and always will be my favorite season of the year. Since I was a little girl I have loved pool days at Mama's house. We always had so much fun swimming with all the cousins and passing each warm day with lemonade and great pool snacks. Summer brings long days and more time outside. The flexibility of carefree days comes as a nice change from the school routine. The boys have changed and grown so much this summer. I have loved each special memory and feel so blessed to be able to spend every day with my boys. While we say goodbye to summer I am excited about the new season and the changes that await our family in the upcoming months. Farewell sweet summer, we will be anxiously awaiting your return next year and all the joy you bring!

1 comment:

d_freestone said...

Jessie, I echo your feelings and comments. The summer is always such a special time, especially with the salty/sandy beach. This summer was extra special and our family, too, looks towards the future. God has been good to us all, hasn't he? It is such a joy to read your blog, daily and see how the boys have grown. Thank you for taking the time out of your very busy schedule to share with us!