verse

Saturday, March 19, 2011

House Update End of Week 9

It was exciting to watch the granite go in.
It looks great.
I am so excited to have a kitchen back. It has been a long time!
There was lots of painting and drying happening. What a process.
One wall in my desk area or "mom center" as the electrican called it is this aqua color of blue. I love it, it makes me smile and think of the ocean. It's a happy color.
The scaffolding is in the hallway.
I'm glad the boys didn't see this contraption set up over the stairs.
I would be scared if this was my job.
Scary!
It's almost complete.
I was really hoping by this point we would be moving back in, but they still need more time. Things are moving along and we are getting close to being done. We are moving everything back in the first of April so it won't be long. This week started off with more painting and waiting, but by the end of the week most walls were painted. On Wednesday the granite came for the counter tops and it looks great. The electricians also worked on lighting and the drywall man worked on the entryway ceiling. There have been lots of people in and out all week which is always a good sign. Next week painting will conclude and the floor will go down.

3 comments:

jamie said...

Wow! It looks amazing! I can't wait to see the finished project!

d_freestone said...

Everything looks wonderful! How exciting it will be to move into this new area!! Congratulations!

shanna said...

Oh my gosh Jessie! It looks AWESOME!!! It's a completely new space! I can't wait to see it when we're in town next. :)