verse

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Road Trip Home

Daddy did a great job of getting us there and back safely! I would say our first road trip was a complete success. I read Water for Elephants, if you haven't read it do now it great!, Radical, and started The Help. We also watched lots of Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck. We also listened to lots of music, Zac Brown band is a family favorite.
The snack were a big hit in the car. Parker was great the whole trip.
All of the boys were awesome!
B had his whole little area in the back. He played his DS, the Ipad, colored, drew, made paper airplanes, and wrote notes.

I was seriously dreading the drive. I have not been in the car for that long since I was in second grade. The farthest our family has ever been in the car was for a trip to Chicago. Tom was really excited and had us all pumped but I was still unsure. I must say the boys did amazing and the drive went so smoothly. Taking our time and doing things along the way helped tremendously. We really had a great time together and I am so glad we ended up driving. We are going to drive again this summer. I'm not sure if the first trip will go as smoothly but now I know we can do it and have fun along the way!

No comments: