verse

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Boogety, Boogety, Boogety - Let's go racing.










I am not a big racing fan - specifically NASCAR, but today was a special treat. Due to our relationship with FedEx at work, I was lucky enough to receive one of four FedEx Racing suite passes for today's race. We went early and were greeted to a huge spread for breakfast, followed up by an up-close pit road tour. After the tour, it was back up to the suite to wait for the FedEx driver Denny Hamilin. I got him to autograph a couple of items in the gift bag we received - a die cast car and a hat (donating these to the Harvest for the Hungry Silent Auction). What really got me going was that Joe Gibbs then came up to the suite - he gave a short speech and then signed autographs (another hat for the auction). He also brought one of his Super Bowl Rings. He joked about nobody making any quick moves with it, but put it on down on the counter and let people try it on and take photos. YES - that's me with JOE GIBBS Super Bowl Ring on. For those of you that know me, you know that I am a huge football fan - meeting Coach Gibbs and wearing the ring was the highlight of my day. The race was great - we were given NASCAR Fanviewer hand-helds - which have TV, Radio, Driver to crew radio frequencies and race statistics on them. It was cool to keep track of everything that was going on. All it in all, it was a pretty cool day and I was happy to be able to partake while Jess and the boys hung out at home. I am blessed to have such a great family and an absolutely WONDERFUL wife. As much as I travel and work - she was very cool about me being gone all day today! I did come home to some beautiful driveway artwork!

1 comment:

megan elizabeth said...

Tom I love your blogging! What a cool experience. Sounds like an awesome day. I'm excited to see Jessie soon. Hopefully I will see you soon!