verse

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our Baby Can Read

What a cute face!
I think he may be a book lover too!
I love chunky colorful board books.
While he can't read yet, he is a great builder and has an amazing imagination.

Baylor is always so frustrated when the "Your Baby Can Read" commercials come on T.V. He always says why can that baby read and I can't, it's not fair! As a "retired" teacher I am not a huge fan of teaching a baby to read or do I think it is the best thing but the commercial is pretty amazing. Today I was teasing Baylor and told him Parker was in his room reading. It was quite funny. He said he's not reading he's just playing, he can't even talk. I will say that Parker likes to look at books and the colors on the pages. He even smiled several times when I was taking his picture. These are the first smiles I have gotten on camera that were real. I started reading books early to all the boys. Baylor by far got read to the most simply because he was the first. I would read him a basket of books every morning and every night. I would talk to him about each page and what was happening. This could be why he talks non stop now. He is so excited to learn how to read and likes working on sight words from preschool. He does know his letters and their sounds so we are headed in the right direction.

1 comment:

d_freestone said...

Love this entry! Parker's smile is ADORABLE!!! Thank you for sharing with all of us!