verse

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

On the first day of 2011 Daddy made us a big breakfast at home. After breakfast we went straight to work. We got so much done and worked for close to 9 hours!
Our kitchen table is gone along with most of our downstairs furniture so we had a picnic on the floor for lunch.
The boys thought it was a great idea!
Cooper didn't get dressed but had on several pairs of jammies during the day. Mimi and Pop watched Parker for several hours during the day so we could get lots done.
2010 was a great year for our family. We welcomed our new little one and learned how to manage with three little boys. I would definitely say it was a learning year for me. It was hard at first but I have enjoyed every minute with my family. Tom's schedule was difficult at times but I am so thankful for him and his job and for providing for our family. We had many great times with our family and were able to create so many great memories. When looking back on my resolution list from last year I did manage to complete some, but I still struggle with the whole exercise plan issue. This year I am not setting specific goals but want to enjoy the small moments with my family and appreciate each and every day. My blog is called This is the Day, and I love the verse. "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it". Psalm 118:24. Days can easily be consumed with worry, stress, feeling overwhelmed and complaints, but I want to try and make it my goal for 2011 to rejoice every single day. I know all days are not rosy and there are days when I feel completely overwhelmed but the day itself is a gift and my three little boys are treasures.

1 comment:

The Gambrel Family said...

Well said!

I didn't want to make resolutions this year either but I love the idea of setting some goals. I never keep resolutions but there are definitely things I want to do this year! Like reading more books! Maybe setting goals is the way to go in 2011!