verse

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Viva Las Vegas

I was up at 3:45 am to get ready for my flight. A limo picked me up at 4:40 am. It was so early! Tom was in L.A. on Monday and Tuesday and flew to Vegas on Tuesday evening. He checked into our room and picked me up at the airport. I arrived in Vegas at 7:35 am so we had the whole day!
We stayed at The Cosmopolitan. It just opened last December and it is so nice. Our room was huge! It is a Marriott hotel so we were able to use Tom's reward points to pay for our room. It is right on the strip and we had a great view of the Bellagio fountains from our room.

After eating at the Wicked Spoon buffet for breakfast at our hotel we headed to the pool for the day. I was able to read and relax all day at the pool. It was so nice!

The weather was gorgeous!

We had a great spot and there was some great people watching. We had a great first day enjoying the sun.

In the evening we headed to Nobu for dinner at the Hard Rock Hotel. Tom had eaten at this restaurant in Dallas and really wanted me to try it. He booked all of our reservations and was our travel planner. He made everything special!

Our appetizer was yummy!

We cooked our meal on the hot stones. It was tasty and fun!


After dinner we went to Planet Hollywood and walked around the Magnificent Mile Shops. We had an early night since I had been up for close to 24 hours. Before bed we watched the fountains from our balcony. What a great first day!

1 comment:

The Gambrel Family said...

It looks like a blast! What a special trip, I'm so glad you guys were able to relax and have fun.