verse

Monday, February 20, 2012

President's Day: No School:)

 We were excited that it was President's Day on Monday and that we did not have school.  It seems like we haven't had this day off for several years, we usually have snow days to make up.  So far so good this year, let's hope it stays that way.
 Mimi and I took the big boys to El Jaripeo for lunch.  They both enjoyed their lunch.
 After lunch we headed to the movies to see The Secret Life of Arrietty.  It was such a good movie and the boys loved it.  They were entertained the whole time.
 The movie is based on the book "The Borrowers" but it reminded me of "The Littles".  I loved reading these books and when I was teaching we always read them in one of my reading groups and then the kids made model houses just like in the book.  Such a fun book, Baylor now wants to go to the library to get The Littles.
 The movie snacks are always a hit too!
After the movie I took all the boys to the doctor since they had been coughing and the two little boys ended up having ear infections.  Looks like we will be home all day tomorrow.

No comments: