Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine Parties

 Our actual Valentine's Day didn't got quite as planned.  I woke up around 2:30 in the morning and started feeling bad.  I ended up with the flu and was sick in bed all day long.  I can't remember a time I have felt so bad.  Tom had to come home from work and Mimi came over to help watch the boys.  I was in charge of Baylor's school party so Tom had to go to school and do the party for his first grade class.  Thankfully I had everything ready, but he was definitely dad of the year yesterday!  Today I felt like a new person and was able to go to Cooper's party.  I got there early and was able to watch them pass out valentines.  
 He was excited to get his valentines and to pass his out to his friends.
 Parker was happy when he saw me.  They were walking to get snack.
 I was just a helper today which was kind of nice.  The kids played a bean bag game.
 I think he got a little close.
 They also got to decorate a cookies with icing and lots of sprinkles.
 The kids decorated foam hearts too.
 I got to watch Parker's class during free play.  He loves the slide.
 A little sit and spin action.
 He got a mailbox with valentines from his friends.
 Then it was snack time.
 Daddy didn't get many pictures because he was busy but he did manage to get a few.  The kids played four corners, Valentine jingo, made a keychain, a foam heart, and had dilly bars and juice for snack.  They all got treat bags too.
 Baylor was happy his Daddy was there.  He was worried what was going to happen when he knew I was sick in the morning.
 Daddy got there early to set up and watched his class finish working with words.
 At night Daddy took the boys to Fazoli's for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner.  Since I didn't move from my bed all day we opened presents before shower.  The big boys got new Mario Kart sheets and raincoats.  Parker got a raincoat and new jammies with big boy underwear.  
They were excited!  Since I felt better today I washed their new sheets and got them on their beds for tonight.  I felt bad that we weren't able to go to Chuckie Cheese but we promised them we would go later this week.  I'm so happy to be feeling better!

1 comment:

Diane Freestone said...

Sorry to hear that you were sick. You and that new baby needed a day of rest, it was just not the best timing....