verse

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Until...

 next year.
 The beach is my happy place.  I feel calm there even when it's crazy.  I feel at home and am always in awe of the beauty that is everywhere.  
 I love to watch the waves come in and out and hear the ocean call.
 I love to smell the air and feel the breeze.  The clouds and sky are so magnificent at the beach.  I love to watch the sea gulls fly over the ocean.  Such beautiful sights.
 Every year I long for our time at the beach and every year no matter how long I am there I am sad to see our time end.  There are always tears in my eyes as I leave my happy place for the last time.  It's so hard to think it will be close to a whole year before we go back.  It's even harder to think I will have an 8, 5, 3, and almost one year old.  
I know I will dream about the beach several times before I make it back and the memories made their will be etched in my mind forever.

2 comments:

Diane Freestone said...

I love the photographs!!! I promise that I will take good care of your beach...It is one of my most favorite places in the world, also, that is why I am moving there!!! Cannot wait to have you return with 4 little boys in tow!!!

The Gambrel Family said...

beautifully written.