Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Super Cooper

Mimi took him to get a prize after he was back to his normal self for being such a brave big boy. He has been wanting a bike that is his size and he was so excited. He drove it all around Walmart.
Playing before he went back. I was so nervous at this point.

I was so worried about him and wanted a picture of his sweet smile before.

He took his shark with him.

At this point he had no idea what he was going to have done.

On Tuesday we met with Dr. Mann and he was so nice and made me feel so much better. I had been crying and was so upset and Cooper. His back tooth needed a pulpectomy, root canal of a baby tooth, and a crown. I felt so guilty and was a mess. Tom was gone all week and I had to do it all by myself. I wanted to get it done as soon as possible and they had an appointment for Wednesday morning. I worried about what his tooth would look like and if I should go with stainless or tooth colored. I ddin't have a peace about stainless so we went with the other and I am glad we did. I do not know why I was so nervous but I had a hard time sleeping the night before and was crying about his little mouth. I just felt so guilty and did not want him to go through any of this. Thankfully Wednesday morning went great. Miss Sarah came and watched Parker and Mimi picked up Baylor from school. The hardest part was he could not eat or drink anything after 10 pm at night. His appointment was at 10:15 so he had a rough morning. He was crying for milk and kept saying he was so hungry. When we got to the dentist he took his "juice" or medicine with a dropper so he would not throw it up and then sat with me for 15 minutes to let it take effect. Within five minutes he was pretty loopy. He sat on my lap and said his head was too heavy. He kept saying my eyes won't open but I want to see the movie. When they took him back he didn't cry at all and was fine. He was back for 30 minutes and then they came to get me. He did great and kept telling them he was Super Cooper. The doctor said it was so cute that he kept asking him over and over and it irritated Cooper and then he was yelling Super Cooper. Dr. Mann was so nice and was so pleased with how things went. I had to carry Coop out and he could not walk on his own or have full control for a few more hours. He couldn't eat or drink anything put water until 1:30 so it was rough but we made it. We went to Mimi's house and kept him busy and then went on a walk to pass the last 30 minutes. He was so happy to have milk and food. He said the worst part was the medicine and does not remember anything about the procedure, what a blessing. He was so cute when he felt good enough to get a prize he was telling us all to hurry it was his special day. I am so thankful that it all went well. We do have to go back once more but it should be much better since we know what to expect.

No comments: