verse

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Women of Faith

We got to meet Angie in her book signing line. We were lucky because she had a flight to catch and we almost didn't get to see her.
We said we could see her as our friend.

Natalie Grant sang and was amazing. We were on the fourth row and had great seats.


The ice cream was yummy.


Angie Smith.


We had so much fun.


We had someone take our picture outside the arena.


What a great weekend.


Columbus or Rome?


Next girl's trip Rome, we'll talk to Austin and Tom. Maybe next couple's trip in like 20 years when all of our kids are a little older.



I have been so excited for this weekend to come! I started reading Angie Smith's blog in 2008 and have been so touched by her story and her sweet spirit. What an encouragement she is to so many! When she posted she was going to be a speaker at Women of Faith Jamie and I both wanted to go. We looked at the tour schedule and Columbus Ohio was the closest. She was not originally speaking in Indianapolis but now is so if you want to be touched go to Women of Faith. I was so excited for a fun girls weekend. I was also nervous to leave home since this was my first time away from Parker for a night. The boys did great and had fun with Daddy. We left Friday morning and drove to an outlet mall in Ohio. What a fun day with a great friend. We checked into our hotel and then went to dinner at a pizza place right by the arena. The opening session was great and we knew it was going to be a great weekend. We had floor tickets and could see great. Saturday was so much fun. What a great time of worship and all of the speakers were so good. During a break we walked to the City Market and had some ice cream. For dinner we went to Buca and then to see Water for Elephants. We had so much fun talking and relaxing! I am so thankful for the weekend and a great friend to spend it with. I also appreciate Tom and my parents for helping with the boys, they all survived without me and I knew they were having fun.

1 comment:

jamie said...

2031....Italy. I marked it on the calendar!:) I had a wonderful weekend....I'm so glad we were able to go!