verse

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Day Project Day 4

happy day




Today the task was to deliver a book to a friend. Books are one of my very favorite things so I was excited for today. I love reading children's books just as much as my boys and love when book order comes home from school. There is something about reading a book for the very first time. I love the chance to snuggle close too when we read. When I was teaching I had built up quite a stash of children's books that I would order in book order. I would use them for gifts and special treats for little friends. My stash is dwindling but I still have some and I love pulling out favorites. After dropping Baylor off at school, Cooper and Parker and I drove to three different houses delivering books to special little ones. Then we stopped at the post office to mail books to Addi and Gigi since they live a little farther away. We added a little note to our books too.
I also delivered these books to two of my close friends. I love Angie Smith and this book is great! The book by Ann Voskamp is seriously one of my new all time favorites. It's one that you can go back to time and time again. Today I was also able to send an egift card to Amazon for my bestie to pick a new book for her Ipad. I wanted to get her a Christmas book but couldn't decide. It was a fun day sharing one of my favorite things.
I was so excited tonight too because Andrea sent me a new book for my Kindle. I have wanted to read it and can't wait to get started. The one good thing about winter is I usually have time to read lots more!
Another special way to give back today was donating a book to The Joyful Life Library. You can go to Amazon and select a book from the wish list that will be sent directly to the hospital of your choice and will be added to the library at the hospital for families and children to use during their stay. The lady who started this organization has a heartbreaking story and once again makes you so thankful! I donated Dr. Seuss books to Riley Children's Hospital at IU Health North since he is one of our very favorites right now. I love hearing Baylor read and The Foot Book is his current favorite, so we had to send that!
It really was a happy day!

No comments: