verse

Friday, November 4, 2011

New Recipe

Baylor stayed home from school on Friday since he had a bad cough. Before we went to the doctor to get it checked out he helped me get dinner ready and in the crock pot. We were making BBQ pulled pork stuffed baked potatoes. I can't lie I thought it sounded a little strange, but oh my it was tasty. I would definitely make it again and it was easy to get it all ready in the morning and then have it ready at dinner time.


I found this recipe on the blog, 4tunate. I love this blog and have found some great ideas and recipes. She is a mom to quad boys and they live locally.


Here are the ingredients:
2 Boneless Sirloin Tip Pork Roasts (or similar cut)
Salt and Pepper
2 Stalks of Celery
1 Medium Onion
1/2 c Water
Idaho Potatoes
Your Favorite Bottle of BBQ Sauce or Homemade Recipe ( I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheese
The first step is to put your pork in a crock pot with 1/2 cup water, 1 medium onion, and a stalk of celery. It then cooks on low for 7-8 hours. When done cooking take out pork and shred and clean out your crock pot. After shredding pork add it back to crock pot and add your favorite bbq sauce. I used two bottles. Then let it cook for a 1/2 hour.
I cooked my baked potatoes in another crock pot too and it was so easy. Simply wash your potatoes and then wrap in foil. Put in crock pot on low and cook for 8 hours. They turned out great and were easy!

Parker loved the pork and had three helpings.


Scoop our a little baked potato and add sour cream, then add shredded cheese, and top with pork. It all tastes so good together. The pork is then great the next day for sandwiches.


After dinner we worked on getting out Christmas decorations. It's beginning to look like Christmas at our house!

No comments: