verse

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Riding Louise Week 3

We had our third horseback riding lesson on Monday. The boys did great! It was a nice day and they were able to ride outside in the beautiful fall weather.
Love his boots!

Each boy has an hour lesson and rides Louise. While one is waiting we walk around the farm and spend time together. Cooper kept having him time him and he would race to the big tree.

Baylor did great today at his lesson.

He really loves riding and is brave.

Louise is a good horse too!

He worked on posting while he was trotting today and he thought it was hard but he kept trying again and again.

I love to watch him smile while he is riding. I love that he also get to learn about how to care for the horse. After the lesson they help feed Louise, brush her, and put her blanket on and get her all set for the night. If you go first you put her saddle on and get her ready for riding. The teacher is great with the kids too and they both love Rosie.

I was a little worried about how Cooper would do at lessons, an hour is a long time for a three year old, but he has done awesome. This week his teacher told me she was amazed at how well he was doing.

I like having that one on one time with Baylor while Coop rides. I miss him while he is at school all day. I feel like he is growing up right before my eyes and I don't want to miss moments with him.

A farm is a great place for little boys to explore and just be little boys.

What a great tree.

Coop worked on trotting again and he loved it. He said it was like jumping on a trampoline.

He listens so well and loves his teacher.

He has been practicing posting in his chair at home and did great on Louise at lessons.

The spiderman helmet cracks me up.

He worked on getting Louise to turn and go in circles by maneuvering her reins and he did it several times by himself. I can see lots of time at the barn in our future.

1 comment:

The Gambrel Family said...

Love these pictures! What a beautiful day!