verse

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Happy October 1st. While summer is my favorite season, October is my favorite month. I love that my big boys were both born in October which makes it extra special. I also love the weather and all of the fun activities to do together as a family. We headed to Anderson Orchard to go to the pumpkin patch on Saturday afternoon. Apparently everyone else in Hancock County had the same idea because it was packed. I have never seen it like this before!
Parker had been sleeping in the car and was still dazed while we were waiting on the pumpkin tractor to take us to the patch.

I love all of the pumpkins.

It was a great fall day. The wind was a little chilly but the sky was beautiful!

It was packed at the orchard but we rode on the tractor by ourselves to and from the patch which the boys loved.

They were ready to pick the perfect pumpkins.

Coop found several he thought were perfect.

He ended up with a huge one!


Parker picked a small one that was perfect for him and he even carried it to the spot.

After picking his he ventured out into the pumpkin patch looking for Baylor and Daddy.

Baylor went as far as he could go to find the perfect pumpkin.

Daddy had to carry it back for him since it was so huge.

Our boys!

We ended up with five pumpkins. Then we headed to the apple store for some treats. The line was so long and we waited for over 20 minutes. The boys had corn dogs, slushies, caramel apples, and apples. Tom and I had a chili cheese dog and I had apple cobbler with ice cream and he had biscuits with apple butter. We brought home cider and apples to eat throughout the week. The treats were definitely worth the wait in line! We had fun together at the pumpkin patch, a great way to welcome October!

No comments: