verse

Monday, October 11, 2010

Dinner In and Out

Wishing you a great year full of happiness and joy!
We had a great time.
Tom texted me while I was at dinner to tell me they were great!
This recipe is super easy and was really good.
4 frozen chicken breast
2 cups milk
1 family size can cream of chicken soup
1/2 onion
2-3 cans Pilsbury refrigerated country biscuits
Add milk, soup, onion, and cut up chicken into crockpot and cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 8 hours. Add the biscuits, cut into small pieces you can quarter a biscuit, during last 30 minutes of cook time. (I think next time I need to cook my biscuits a little bit longer.)
We had mashed potatoes and corn too, with mac n cheese for Coop.
This week is crazy again with Tom's schedule so I knew this may be the only night I could make dinner, but it was also the only night I could go out to dinner with Andrea for her birthday. So I made dinner and then went out! I found a recipe for chicken and dumplings on a blog of a friend from church so I thought I would try it out. It was super easy and I thought my boys would like it. They smelled delicious and it was so nice to be able to cook it in the crock pot and get everyone all situated for dinner before I left. Andrea's birthday was on Saturday and she went to Chicago with her family to celebrate. We went to dinner at El Jaripeo to continue her birthday celebration! She is such a dear friend to me and I am so lucky to have her in my life. We had a great time talking and relaxing without kids, she truly is my best friend! Happy Birthday Andrea!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I think I saw you coming in as we were leaving! We had dinner there with my aunt the other night. I made that recipe too and my biscuits didn't turn out at all!

d_freestone said...

BRAVA Jessie! Your dinner looked yummy! I am very proud of you working on your development of cooking recipes!!