verse

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cooking

All the ingredients plus the chicken. The green chilis and green salsa made it spicy. I love the smell of fresh cilantro.
The filling. It was yummy.
Ready for the oven.
This is part of what I don't enjoy about cooking, the big mess. I cleaned up along the way and it helped. Yes, you are seeing Halloween decorations out already. I started on that today:)
This morning Parker and I headed to the grocery with our list for dinner. I have been wanting to try and cook more at home and to make a meal at least once a week. Let's just say I am not much of a cook. I can make sides, pasta, and warm up anything like a pro. I enjoy watching Food Network and looking at recipes on blogs and magazines, but truly do not enjoy cooking. However I wanted to give it a try. I found this recipe on this blog, http://www.megduerksen.typepad.com/, and thought it sounded tasty so this was on tap for week one. It called for some ingredients that I have never bought or knew what they were but after searching my pal and I found them all at the grocery. Since the meal was spicy I made tacos for the boys too which they liked. There were several steps involved to making the enchiladas but overall it was pretty easy and they were quite tasty. My first new recipe night went great overall and Tom even ate second which is good since he is one his weight loss kick.

1 comment:

tricia said...

Jesse!! I am so proud of you!! I am just down the street if you ever need any help. Amy and I do freezer cooking to help us out when we are busy. And I have a beautiful apron you could wear!!